Happy Halloween Koala Gang! Today we're showing you how to make two tasty treats for Halloween. Make them for your party, or share with friends and family! They're a little bit scary, but their cuteness over rules! Let's get into it!
If you'd like to watch the video version of this DIY click the video below!
A rubber spatula
A mixing bowl
Decoration Candy (Optional)
Black jelly beans
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
Silver color mist spray (edible for icing)
1 cup melted butter
3 cups flour
1. Place the butter in a glass measuring cup. Place the cup in the microwave for 30 seconds (cover it to prevent messes). Keep adding butter and melting it until you get 1 cup of melted butter. Stir!
2. Pour the butter into the mixing bowl.
3. Add 1 cup of sugar. Mix with spatula.
4. Crack your egg into the mix.
5. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix it all up!
6. Now add 3 cups flour.
7. Add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
8. Add 1/2 tsp salt
9. Use the mixer to blend everything together.
10. Put the mix into the fridge for 1 hour.
11. After 1 hour, remove mix from fridge and get ready to make your cookies!
12. To make the head, roll a ball of cookie dough and then squish it flat.
13. Do the same thing to make the ears, but make the balls smaller. Connect the ears to the head.
14. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
15. Once the cookies are baked and cooled, cover them with white icing completely.
16. Now, spray your koala cookies with the silver color mist completely.
17. Add the candy eyeballs and a black jelly bean for the nose!
18. Use red and black icing to add blood, stitches, and any kind of spooky detail to your koalas, making them zombies!
19. EAT YOUR KOALA ZOMBIES! Yum!
Decoration candy (optional)
Chocolate candy melts (we used orange)
Marshmallows (big ones)
A mixing bowl
1 tsp olive oil
1. Add your chocolate candy melts into a bowl and place your marshmallows on a baking tray covered in wax paper.
2. Place the candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, add 1 tsp of olive oil and mix them together!
4. Now is the fun part! Pour the chocolate on top of the marshmallows with a spoon to create a spooky monster effect.
5. Add your candy eyes. You officially have created a marshmallow monster!
Monsters never tasted so good! We hope you love these DIY Edible Monsters as much as we do!
Comments will be approved before showing up.